Group your purchases and obtain up to 50% off
Click here to see our volume pricing
COGNIBOX - WHMIS / GHS
The Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) is a comprehensive system for providing information on the safe use of hazardous materials in Canadian workplaces through labels, safety data sheets (SDS), worker education and training programs. This training will allow you to learn more about this system and its applications.
|Owner name: Cognibox (SIM)|
- This training is for employees and workers who may come into contact with hazardous materials.
- To communicate danger signals
- To understand label requirements
- To know how to read the information on material safety data sheets
- To ensure that all participants are able to understand the information regarding hazardous material, according to the current WHMIS or the harmonised GHS
- Hazardous materials as defined by law
- Physical and health hazards
- Product classes, categories, etc.
- WHMIS exclusions · Basic concepts related to health and hazardous materials (toxicity and other characteristics) · Legal and regulatory framework · Fundamentals of WHMIS :
- Labels and hazard symbols (pictograms)
- Material Safety Data Sheets
- Training requirements
- A checklist will be available for download and printing upon successful completion of the final exam.
- Interactive online self-training
- Internet connection, computer speakers or headphones required.
- The duration of the training is a general indication and may vary from one person to another.